Saturday, August 16, 2014

Moving, moving, moving, get those doggies moving!

Move is a four letter word.  I won't leave it at that, but I will stay away from more four letter words.  We are one week and one day from wheels up.   The amount of stuff we have done boggles my mind.  We have been blessed by the incredible things which have happened this week. We are  intensely grateful and are striving to move on the new happenings.

Daughter 1, job came through.  She starts the day we are wheels up.  That led to finding housing for her. Yesterday, done.  Blessed with a nice townhome and a REALLY NICE location near her work.
Thanks be to God.  I don't know how else to attribute it.

Daughter 2, stuff that needed to happen for her internship!  Very thankful.

We are able to leave them in place and ready to lead lives with us away.

Moving is crazy.  Twitching toes and wandering minds forget the pain involved in moving boxes and going through things.  Tape and markers be tools of the trade and they like to disappear.  THis move necessitated a new twist, a storage unit. Balancing the needs of now three households... that will be influx for   a bit.

Never a dull moment.  Never think it is all an ace in the hole, despite the wonderful provenance of such gifts as above.

The rental trucks are all booked up.... not at all possible,  nothing until Sunday. Nice lady from UHAUL spent about 45 minutes with me trying to figure it out. I was sure I had a truck from the one. But no dice.
Well,this morning, we had two trucks booked, and one from last night.  I am not paying a fine. Period.

The dogs are watching me with tails wagging.



No comments: